Sunday, September 07, 2008

Music Festival

In my job, I spend my days running in and out of meetings and my nights either preparing for the next day's meetings or flying around the world going to meetings.  In this hectic career, I have actually - I'm sad to say - forgotten how much I love music.  But then again, like all things driven by passion, all it takes is a gentle reminder.  In this particular case, 4 days in Kitzbuhel Austria at a Music Festival aka 'Music Meeting'.  We spent our mornings making music and our afternoons hiking in the Alps.  Standing high atop a mountain after a morning's rehersal, I exceeded cloud nine.
7 years ago, I played my last orchestral piece, the first violin part of Mendelssohn's Italian Symphony.  Last night, I picked up right where I left off, this time, taking on the second violin part of the same symphony.  It was a treat for all the senses: the feel of the violin, the sound of the orchestra, the sight of the conductor, the smell of the rosin, and the taste of the chocolate mint I had just before.  Ok, so the taste is unrelated, but it was a mighty fine Austrian chocolate.

No comments: