Thursday, November 15, 2007

The List

Today, I started to make a long-term 'todo' list. As I started jotting down the things I wanted to experience, the list seemed to grow exponentially. As such, I'm only including things that are possible today, within my control, non-professional and non-travel (these things are far too numerous). I'm hoping to cross off at least 1 item each year. Here are the first 15, in no particular order:
1) Defy gravity
2) Swim with a family of wild dolphins
3) Buy a Stradivari violin
4) Give away a Stradivari violin to a deserving violinist
5) Drive a supercar in Germany
6) Observe whales in their natural habitat
7) Fly a plane
8) Travel to the end of the earth and spend time with someone on a beach so isolated we feel like we are the only people on earth
9) Shower under a waterfall
10) Do a random act of kindness that will change the course of someone's life for the better
11) Be an extra in a film
12) Watch Wagner's complete 'Ring Cycle' in Bayreuth and be able to appreciate it
13) Buy a home and spend time fixing it up just the way I like it
14) Cook an 8 course international meal, a different ethnic dish for each course
15) Learn to tango

Here are some of the things I can now cross off my previous list:
1) Conquer my childhood ailments
2) Scuba dive
3) Run a marathon
4) Listen to the Bach Ciaccone live in a church
5) Meet Maxim Vengerov
6) Eat a meal I'd be satisfied if it was my last
7) Scale temples in the jungles of Angkor Wat
8) See the Taj Mahal
9) Attend graduate school
10) Have friends in each of the 6 inhabited continents

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

like ur list. inspired me to think one of mine.